This leadership development program offers a select group of participants the opportunity to meet community and civic leaders, explore key issues impacting our region, establish quality business contacts, undertake class service projects and develop lasting friendships.
A Leadership Union Alumni Association to continue the friendships and network with other alumni who have taken on leadership roles in the community after their graduation.
Leaders and future leaders from diverse backgrounds in business, industry, the professions, governmental and the non-profit communities.
What is Leadership Union?
It is a program developed to build tomorrow’s leaders by:
- Learning about today’s issues
- Developing skills for effective leadership
- Discovering opportunities for involvement
- Making a difference in the community
What are we looking for in a Leadership Union participant?
- Individuals with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in the community
- Individuals intending to seek public office, boards, commissions, or key volunteer leadership roles
- Individuals with potential or existing opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions within their own organization, which may in turn play a significant role in the community
- Individuals committed to their personal and career development
- Individuals working in Union County and who are members of the Union County Chamber of Commerce
“Leadership Union provides a wonderful opportunity to experience and learn about the vast variety of business, cultural, governmental, and other institutions that make up Union County. Equally important, it also allows you to connect with other program participants who work in different and diverse fields, learning more about their experiences and contributions to Union County. I would highly recommend the program for anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of Union County, while connecting with, and learning from, other program participants who are leaders in the County.”
Welcome Leadership Union Class of 2019!
South Piedmont Community College
Charlotte Pipe & Foundry Co. Plastics Division
Larry S. Helms & Associates
City of Monroe
Union County Public Schools
O’Leary Group Waste Systems
ATI Specialty Materials
Monroe Oil Company, Inc.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc. USA
ATI Specialty Materials
Union County Sheriff’s Office
JM Cope Construction
Union County Chamber
The mission of Leadership Union is to develop and foster leaders in Union County – providing education about community strengths and opportunities, and to encourage community stewardship.