This leadership development program offers a select group of participants the opportunity to meet community and civic leaders, explore key issues impacting our region, establish quality business contacts, undertake class service projects and develop lasting friendships.
What is Leadership Union?
It is a program developed to build tomorrow’s leaders by:
- Learning about today’s issues
- Developing skills for effective leadership
- Discovering opportunities for involvement
- Making a difference in the community
Applications are now open for the 2021 Leadership Union Class. Due to the uncertainty surrounding the impact of the COVID-19 Outbreak, we are asking for patience and flexibility with regards to the 2021 Program, as some of the sessions may be held virtually. You can read details about the program, the application process, and apply at the link below.
2021 Leadership Union Session Dates:
January 21, 2021: Full day retreat
February 18, 2021
March 18, 2021
April 29, 2021
May 13, 2021
June 17, 2021
August 12, 2021
September 9, 2021
October 7, 2021
November 11, 2021
November 18, 2021: Graduation Ceremony
What are we looking for in a Leadership Union participant?
- Individuals with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in the community
- Individuals intending to seek public office, boards, commissions, or key volunteer leadership roles
- Individuals with potential or existing opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions within their own organization, which may in turn play a significant role in the community
- Individuals committed to their personal and career development
- Individuals working in Union County and who are members of the Union County Chamber of Commerce
“Leadership Union provides a wonderful opportunity to experience and learn about the vast variety of business, cultural, governmental, and other institutions that make up Union County. Equally important, it also allows you to connect with other program participants who work in different and diverse fields, learning more about their experiences and contributions to Union County. I would highly recommend the program for anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of Union County, while connecting with, and learning from, other program participants who are leaders in the County.”
Leadership Union Class Participant
Welcome Leadership Union Class of 2020!
Johnston Allison & Hord PA
City of Monroe
Union County Sheriff’s Office
United Way of Central Carolinas
Community Shelter of Union County
South Piedmont Community College
ATI Specialty Materials
Charlotte Pipe & Foundry Co – Plastics Division
Union Power Cooperative
Union County Public Schools
The mission of Leadership Union is to develop and foster leaders in Union County – providing education about community strengths and opportunities, and to encourage community stewardship.