The mission of Leadership Union is to develop and foster leaders in Union County – providing education about community strengths and opportunities, and to encourage community stewardship.
Participants meet one day per month, January through November, which includes a one-day retreat. Day sessions will focus on Union County’s local economy, education, local history, human services, government, healthcare and agriculture, and more.
Applicants should understand that participation in Leadership Union requires a time commitment. Participants must adhere to the attendance policy of the program. In addition, participants are asked to fully engage in each session. Excessive use of cell phones or other devices during LU sessions can serve as a distraction to other participants and are therefore, discouraged. Transportation to LU events is normally by bus and participants are required to travel with the class on the provided vehicle for those sessions that include a bus.
Failure to adhere to the attendance policy may subject the applicant to review by the Leadership Union Steering Committee as to eligibility and/or successful graduation from the program.
Leadership Union tuition is $900. Employers generally pay all or most of the cost, but there may be limited funds available for people who demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
Successful applicants will be invoiced when selected. Tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE once the program begins.
Before you begin the application form on the next page, please make sure you have all the necessary items. You cannot save progress on the form.
In order to be considered for the program, your application must include:
1. An application form, with each section completed.
2. One Letter of Recommendation from an individual other than employer or spouse who has knowledge of your qualifications as a Leadership Union Applicant. You can upload this in the application form.
3. A signed letter from your manager stating the manager is aware of and approves of the time commitment involved for Leadership Union, as well as the financial obligation. You can upload this in the application form.
The most important factor in selection is identifying those individuals most apt to utilize their leadership for the long-term benefit of the community. We strive to select a cross-section of participants from all sectors of the community. The basic criteria for achieving this selection are:
1. Select those individuals with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in thecommunity.
2. Select those intending to seek public office, boards, commissions, or key volunteer leadershiproles.
3. Select those with opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions within their organization, which may play a significant role in the community.
4. Select individuals committed to their personal and career development.
5. Application to Leadership Union is open to persons working in Union County and who are members of the Union County Chamber.
December 7, 2022: Application Deadline
December 8-12, 2022: Applications reviewed by LU Steering Committee (Successful applicants will be notified as soon as selections are completed.)
December 30, 2022: Tuition due (applicants will be invoiced when selected)
January 19, 2023: Orientation & Retreat