As our world changes daily, and uncertainty becomes a mainstay, women are stepping up in heroic ways to meet increasing needs in their professional and personal lives. We are dealing with unique combinations of stress including:
• Uncertainty about our jobs and businesses
• Health concerns for ourselves and our families
• New challenges of working from home while schooling children
• Loss of time and ability to relax and just hang out with our friends
with a crew of other women.
Let’s all take a moment together at the Union County Chamber Women in Business Annual Professional Development Conference for encouragement and fun.
Our virtual conference on Thursday, June 11, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. will help you answer the questions ‘Who am I now, and who will I become?’
We’ve invited Dr. Felice Carlton, DNP, RN, FNP-C and Rev. Cathy Hasty, Community Engagement and Spiritual Care Counselor for Novant Health as our speakers for the conference.
They will share inspiring and practical information that will help you look at who are you are in the midst of challenging times, and how you can use those same challenges to propel you forward to more success.
Navigate these choppy waters
Along with those presentations, and time for Q&A, we will have games and giveaways, fun, and fellowship.
Register today to set yourself on the path to resiliency and lasting change.
We’re excited to announce that we will have a limited number of special VIP tickets available for the conference. Along with your ticket for the Women in Business Virtual Conference, you will receive a commemorative gift and an exclusive invitation to our exclusive VIP Virtual Networking Event June 25th at 4:30 p.m. hosted by these leaders in our region:
• Martha Wegner, Duke Energy
• Dr. Mary Lindsay-Barber, Novant Health Child and Adolescent Medical Group
• Michelle Lancaster, Union County
• Melissa Merrell, Union County Board of Education
• Dr. Melita Mitchell, Johnson C. Smith University
• Dr. Maria Pharr, President – South Piedmont Community College
• Donna Stepp, Stepp Law Group, PLLC
• Christa Tyson, Ty-Par Commercial Realty
Rev. Cathy Hasty has a Master in pastoral Theology/Counseling, a Master of Divinity, and a BS in Nursing. She has a deep passion for women’s mental health, and will help us think through our identity in the midst of the current times. In particular she will focus on:
• Shame in the midst of trauma
Dr. Felice Carlton is a Doctor of Nursing Practice, Family Nurse Practitioner, Keynote Speaker and Health Advisor. She will share on Using Adversity as an Accelerator Not as an Oppressor.
• Learn 3 strategies to fortify a champion’s mindset and exponentially project you forward
• Eliminate negative self-talk, and stop fear frm paralyzing your efforts to reaching your greates potential
• Position adversity as an accelerator to succes despite overwhelming adversity
Light Houses and Buoys
As a way to support each other leading up to, during, and even after the conference, please share with us some encouraging quotes that help give you strength in difficult times. Send your quotes to Jessica@unioncountycoc.com
It has been an interesting few months for all of us. Take a look at why we are all looking forward to gathering with the Women in Business crew!