“Leadership Union has been an awesome experience. I was born and raised in Union County and never knew that the county had so much to offer.”
This leadership development program offers a select group of participants the opportunity to meet community and civic leaders, explore key issues impacting our region, establish quality business contacts, undertake class service projects and develop lasting friendships.
A Leadership Union Alumni Association to continue the friendships and network with other alumni who have taken on leadership roles in the community after their graduation.
Leaders and future leaders from diverse backgrounds in business, industry, the professions, governmental and the non-profit communities.
“Leadership Union is a great opportunity to develop, inspire, and empower individuals seeking to better themselves and the community where they live, work, and play.”
What is Leadership Union?
It is a program developed to build tomorrow’s leaders by:
- Learning about today’s issues
- Developing skills for effective leadership
- Discovering opportunities for involvement
- Making a difference in the community
What are we looking for in a Leadership Union participant?
- Individuals with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in the community
- Individuals intending to seek public office, boards, commissions, or key volunteer leadership roles
- Individuals with potential or existing opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions within their own organization, which may in turn play a significant role in the community
- Individuals committed to their personal and career development
- Individuals working in Union County and who are members of the Union County Chamber of Commerce
“My participation in Leadership Union opened my eyes to new experiences in the community that I otherwise would have never known. This unique opportunity broadened my perspective and knowledge. The people I have met along the way, especially those in my Leadership Union class, have helped me grow. I appreciate the lasting relationships formed while learning new aspects of leadership.”
Welcome Leadership Union Class of 2018!
Anita Byrum; Carolinas HealthCare System
Nickolas Camereon; Consolidated Metco
Matt Dinkins; Union County Community Shelter
Shane Fraser; SNA Today
Erin Hart; Novant Health
Melissa Hines; Carolinas HealthCare System
Benjamin Isley; Union County
Paul Kaperonis; Village of Wesley Chapel
Tyrone Leak; Novant Health
Shelley Maness; Union County
Shanna McLamb; Union County Public Schools
Heather Neal; Carolinas HealthCare System
James Oglesby; Novant Health
Dr. Steven Patty, DDS; Union Oral Surgery and Dental Implant Center
Brian Peterson; ATI Specialty Materials
Jake Thomas; Union Power Cooperative
Edward Vassar; Carolinas HealthCare System
Ryan Wallace, ASSA ABLOY – Norton Door Controls
Tiffany Weaver; Turning Point Inc.
The mission of Leadership Union is to develop and foster leaders in Union County – providing education about community strengths and opportunities, and to encourage community stewardship.