This leadership development program offers a select group of participants the opportunity to meet community and civic leaders, explore key issues impacting our region, establish quality business contacts, undertake class service projects and develop lasting friendships.
A Leadership Union Alumni Association to continue the friendships and network with other alumni who have taken on leadership roles in the community after their graduation.
Leaders and future leaders from diverse backgrounds in business, industry, the professions, governmental and the non-profit communities.
What is Leadership Union?
“It has been an honor to part of the Leadership Union Class of 2018 and the incredible group we have been part of throughout the year. It truly has been a journey learning about the many incredible facets of Union County that when woven together create the amazingly beautiful tapestry of our dynamic community…Union County.”It is a program developed to build tomorrow’s leaders by:
- Learning about today’s issues
- Developing skills for effective leadership
- Discovering opportunities for involvement
- Making a difference in the community
What are we looking for in a Leadership Union participant?
- Individuals with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in the community
- Individuals intending to seek public office, boards, commissions, or key volunteer leadership roles
- Individuals with potential or existing opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions within their own organization, which may in turn play a significant role in the community
- Individuals committed to their personal and career development
- Individuals working in Union County and who are members of the Union County Chamber of Commerce
“Leadership Union provides a wonderful opportunity to experience and learn about the vast variety of business, cultural, governmental, and other institutions that make up Union County. Equally important, it also allows you to connect with other program participants who work in different and diverse fields, learning more about their experiences and contributions to Union County. I would highly recommend the program for anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of Union County, while connecting with, and learning from, other program participants who are leaders in the County.”
Welcome Leadership Union Class of 2018!
Anita Byrum; Atrium Health
Nickolas Camereon; Consolidated Metco
Shane Fraser; SNA Today
Erin Hart; Novant Health
Melissa Hines; Atrium Health
Benjamin Isley; Union County
Paul Kaperonis; Village of Wesley Chapel
Tyrone Leak; Novant Health
Shelley Maness; Union County
Heather Neal; Atrium Health
James Oglesby; Novant Health
Dr. Steven Patty, DDS; Union Oral Surgery and Dental Implant Center
Brian Peterson; ATI Specialty Materials
Jake Thomas; Union Power Cooperative
Edward Vassar; Atrium Health
Ryan Wallace, ASSA ABLOY – Norton Door Controls
Tiffany Weaver; Turning Point Inc.
The mission of Leadership Union is to develop and foster leaders in Union County – providing education about community strengths and opportunities, and to encourage community stewardship.