Youth Leadership Union
The 2012-2013 Youth Leadership Union program has been cancelled. This program will return for the 2013-2014 school year. For more information or questions regarding this program, please contact Theresa Byers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Youth Leadership Union?
Youth Leadership Union is designed to train students in leadership techniques and community awareness so that they may become familiar with current issues, community resources, career opportunities, and other factors influencing the direction of Union County's future.
Who can apply for Youth Leadership Union?
Students in grades 10 – 12 who attend schools in Union County are eligible to apply.
How can a student apply for or find out more information about Youth Leadership Union?
Applications will be available at each high school, at the Union County Chamber of Commerce office, and on the Chamber's website www.unioncountycoc.com .
How will applicants be chosen?
The class will meet every 6 weeks on a Tuesday beginning in August
and ending in May. Monthly sessions will convene during the normal
How long will the program last?
Applications will be available at each high school, at the Union County
Chamber of Commerce office, and on the Chamber's website
What is the responsibility of the participant?
- Be willing to commit to attend all sessions.
- Be responsible for transportation to and from program sessions.
- Be academically sound.
- Be enrolled in the grades 10, 11 or 12. Students should be enrolled in or plan to enroll in Leadership Skills at their high school.
- Live in Union County.
- Have permission from their parent/guardian and principal to participate.
- Dress appropriately. School dress codes will be enforced during every session.
- Abide by the Union County Public Schools code of conduct during monthly sessions.
Is there a fee for participants?
No, Participants will not be charged a fee to participate in the program.
How will the program be funded?
Youth Leadership Union will be funded through local grants, sponsorships,
and private donations .
Arrive at the Union County Chamber of Commerce office no later than 8:30 a.m.
Day Retreat for Students - Building a Foundation for Leadership: Learning the Ropes.
Understanding Yourself & Others
Volunteering in Union County
City on the Move
My Stake in the Future
Leadership in Action