PROGRAM ELEMENTS: Participants meet one day per month, February through October, following a two-day overnight retreat in January. Programs focus on Union County’s local economy, education, local history, human services, government, healthcare and agriculture. In addition, the group works on projects designed to enhance awareness of community problems, identify systems and methods to affect change, and develop project management, team and presentation skills. The group will meet on their own time outside Leadership Union sessions.
SELECTION CRITERIA: The most important factor in selection is identifying those individuals most apt to utilize their leadership for the long-term benefit of the community. We strive to select a cross-section of participants from all sectors of the community. The basic criteria for achieveing this selection are:
1. Select those individuals with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in the community.
2. Select those intending to seek public office, boards, commissions, or key volunteer leadership roles.
3. Select those with potential or existing opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions within their own organization, which may in turn play a significant role in the community.
4. Select individuals committed to their personal/career development.
5. Application to Leadership Union is open to persons living or working in Union County and are members of the Union County Chamber of Commerce.
In addition to the Opening Retreat, the time commitment is eight full-day sessions. Attendance at the two day overnight Opening Retreat and at all sessions is required. If you miss one session, you may be subject to review by the Leadership Union Steering Committee as to your eligibility for graduation from the program.
Applicants must have full support of the organization they represent. If an applicant is selected and unable to participate in the program, however; and the organization is interested in submitting another person, the new person MUST submit an application which will be reviewed by the Leadership Union Committee. No applicant is guaranteed acceptance into the program .
The cost of the program is $600. This includes all expenses for the retreat, monthly sessions, graduation dinner and first-year dues in the Leadership Union Alumni Association .