2017 Program Sponsor
This leadership development program offers a select group of participants the opportunity to meet community and civic leaders, explore key issues impacting our region, establish quality business contacts, undertake class service projects and develop lasting friendships.
A Leadership Union Alumni Association to continue the friendships and network with other alumni who have taken on leadership roles in the community after their graduation.
Leaders and future leaders from diverse backgrounds in business, industry, the professions, governmental and the non-profit communities.
What is Leadership Union?
It is a program developed to build tomorrow’s leaders by:
- Learning about today’s issues
- Developing skills for effective leadership
- Discovering opportunities for involvement
- Making a difference in the community
What are we looking for in a Leadership Union participant?
- Individuals with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in the community
- Individuals intending to seek public office, boards, commissions, or key volunteer leadership roles
- Individuals with potential or existing opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions within their own organization, which may in turn play a significant role in the community
- Individuals committed to their personal and career development
- Individuals working in Union County and who are members of the Union County Chamber of Commerce
Welcome Leadership Union Class of 2017!
Ivy Allen; United Way of Central Carolinas
Russell Carpenter; South Piedmont Community College
Bryan Edwards; Carolinas HealthCare System
Karla Ennis; Novant Health
Michelle Hannon; Union County Sheriff’s Office
Jackson Hargett, Hargett Electric Company
John Harrington; Piedmont Natural Gas
Sara Hymel; Union County Public Schools
Lisa Kawyn; Union County
Susan Laukat, PHR, SHRM-CP; Cyril Bath Company
Staci Nicole Moysakis; Frontier Communications Inc.
Andrew Neff; Union County
Dawn Phillips, RN; Carolinas HealthCare System
Shannon Pierce; Novant Health
Chimetchia Robinson; Novant Health
Dawn Russell; SERVPRO of Union County
Carole Lynn Simmons; South Piedmont Community College
Heather Smith; Carolinas HealthCare System
Colby Spivey, Spivey Insurance Group
Liza Stahnke; Charlotte Speech & Hearing Center
Rachel Sykes; Union County Community Shelter
Shay Vandermark; ATI Specialty Materials
Amanda Watkins; Union Academy
Joan L. White; Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc-Union County Alumnae Chapter
The mission of Leadership Union is to develop and foster leaders in Union County – providing education about community strengths and opportunities, and to encourage community stewardship.